some stuff that summarises a couple of others and adds some recent study results.
for absolute best performance and longest life
- discharge to storage, balance after use
- store @ storage charge and balance
- charge to 4.15 not 4.2. this increases your cycle lifespan from ~500 to ~1500
- measure your peak blaster current draw. buy batteries with an appropriate C rating. a little higher than required will help the battery last longer. crazy high and you’re just wasting money
- choose your battery connector based on the measurement above. again, a little higher is good but beyond that size and money. see all the options in hand before choosing one.
if you have a few batteries you can leverage a para-board. store all your batteries (of the same chemistry and cell count) together balanced. come game day, one charge to rule them all.
do not connect batteries with more then 0.20v per cell difference. it damages the chemistry.
i have nano-tech 1800mah 65-130c 3s flight packs I pulled 48amp out of often and sustained. They are only just starting to fade now.