Upgrading wells mrt and cqb

Hi all completely new to the blaster world and looking to try and do some upgrades myself ect . Any basic upgrades people recommend
and Has anyone got a link or video to follow to do these upgrades thanks in advance

1 Like

Mate only just got mine as well so Im here more to find info to.
But from all the reviews ive seen on YouTube theyre already a solid build.
I have run my CQB with an 11.1V battery and it made a massive difference in rate of fire, but Im worried that something will break as Im only new to Gel Blasters so went back to the 7.4V.

Yeah I’m pretty happy with mine straight out the box also but am interested in getting more power ect out of it .

It was great on the 11V, and as Im using it for CQB stuff the rate of fire is really or Im looking for. Just don’t want to break it if something inside cant handle the 11V

Hopefully someone give us a bit of advice :wink:

Welcome to the group, guys…

Plenty of instructional vids on YouTube, whatever you can’t find there you’ll find someone here knows about it for sure.

Upgrades will depend on your loadout, but generally speaking it’s never bad to upgrade the plunger spring, o-ring, barrel, nozzle, everything to do with creating good air pressure really. Factory performance is always something you can improve on for not a lot of money with most mid-range blasters.

But if you’re happy with them out of the box, that’s all that matters. Why change 'em? :+1:

We have 5 in the house my kids have 1 each and I have an mrt and cqb. From what I have read and seen they are both mr4 internals so I wouldn’t mind keeping 1 to battle with the kids and seing what I can get out the other power wise .

1 Like

Do yourselves a favor and take a look at LowGuidos you choob chop shop channel (second best gel blaster channel on the intertubes)… his videos cover nearly every aspect of gel blasters… check it out… you will learn lots…:+1:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=low+guido

4 Likes

I went to grab the MRT today but was sadly disappointed to find Wynnum M4a1 had no stock. Keen to do a break down as soon as I secure one though.

1 Like

The most common and obvious port of call is an upgraded O’ring and spring, no need to go silly, m90/1.25 unequal is quite tame but a fair upgrade and should give you around 280-300 fps. 11.1v battery and bobs your mothers brother! As Calcifer said, spend some time on the chew chewbs and then decide what you want from it. The Wells are already quite a solid unit. Punch out a few gels, get to some fields and enjoy.

1 Like

My MRT has a 1.3 spring in it. But I haven’t pulled the box apart, so I don’t know if it’s the same as the old Well 1.3 short springs (130mm long)

2 Likes

If it’s the factory spring it’ll be a bit soft so as to keep it at a low to mid 200 fps. Even at 1.3 I think you’ll find that a new spring will be better.

1 Like

Spend 3 bucks on this spring from Bunnings and replace the awful stock Charging Handle spring

4 Likes

Can i ask what the benefit of upgrading the charging handle spring is?

Other than taming my OCD… There’s no benefit :slight_smile:
I think there are charge handles out there with mag priming switches attached.

2 Likes