Warinterest milkies

Bought five packs off Gel Ball Armoury, opened two packs and they size 6.8-7.2 on average. Complain to gba and they try to tell me that they are made to that size (7.2 max) and they suit their fighting bro 7mm barrels.
Has anyone else been sold 7mm red packet milkies?

They are all that size. The most consistent I have found. It’s all I use now, I gave the rest away that weren’t LDT.

So what were you specifically after? Gels are supposed to be around the 7-8 range with the LDT being consistently on the lower end to fire through tight barrels without breaking.

1 Like

None of the Red pack LDT milkies I have bought are on the lower end of size, every pack I have bought came out at 7.4mm consistently , that’s the reason I use them with 7.5mm id barrels.
The gold packet milkies I find are on the smaller side at around 7.2 to 7.35mm max.

2 Likes

I run them through a 7.0 FB barrel.

Second they bro my heavy balls are a tad more swollen then my other milkies from ausgel which are on the the 7mm-7.2mm

It’s all about the gels :+1:
G’day, I know a little bit about gels and the relationship with your blaster. Undoubtedly MW’s and LDT’s are the best available and during testing I use a few magazines of each as they both have particular advantages and characteristics.
If your willing to put the time in to grow them to a consistent size your accuracy will improve significantly. MW’s are easier to grow to a consistent size and there are several methods you can use.
LDT’s are more difficult to grow to a consistent size but perform well in most applications as they are a bit more durable when fresh. These gels will squeeze through a tight bore barrel without breaking better than MW’s. Unfortunately though the size variation causes a larger spread in muzzle velocity between shots which effects your shot grouping.
Personally I prefer the MW’s. Grown to 7.1mm +/-0.1mm and using a tight bore barrel I get an average of 15% increase in muzzle velocity over a std 7.5mm barrel and much tighter grouping of shots.
I shoot between 60 & 80k of gels per week testing and refining builds, testing barrels and shooting targets.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome :grinning:

When I first started out I found your web site and followed your methods religiously and it seemed to work very well but was tedious.
I have since changed my mind.
When using the gold pack mw’s and controlling growth your method works very well because they do grow more consistent to a point but I discovered problems on most of my setups trying to use small sizes.
The magazine’s I have tested do not feed the smaller gels consistently and neither does the t pieces.
The LDT red packet heavy gels like you say do not grow consistently when trying to achieve 7mm but if they are simply thrown in hot water and left overnight they all grow to 7.4 consistently, and then if used with a 7.5id barrel they are extremely accurate and feed perfectly through all magazines.
This is now my preference because it is simple with no mucking about growing them and keeping watch on them every ten minutes.
I love your barrels and if you had 7.5 id I would buy them :+1:

2 Likes

Great response Rattler,
There are many ways to grow gels and after extensive testing the method described on the website was what I deemed to be the easiest for the best results. This method is frustratingly time consuming for the number of gels it produces and by no means perfect.
Making up a device to sift grown gels into sizes within a 0.1 bracket is better again but the complexities of these devices make them difficult to construct.
7.5 mm barrels are great but I won’t be making them until you can get MW’s that grow consistently to 7.5mm.
A Major advantage that gels have over bb’s which were what this platform was originally designed to use is that due to the flexible nature of gels a perfect seal can be made between the projectile and the bore. This is great because :100: of the charge pressure is utilized thus making the gel blaster more efficient than the AirSoft equivalent. The discrepancy in size of the gels however causes massive fluctuations in muzzle velocity and therefore accuracy. By increasing the bore diameter and eliminating the perfect seal the fluctuations are reduced but so too is the velocity and overall range.
The user ultimately gets to determine how they wish to approach the use and performance of their blaster. As with most things in life the more effort you put in the greater the rewards and quality of outcome.

3 Likes

I took have seen your site and wanted to ask incase you weren’t aware why you didn’t choose the vendor option for our profile. It gives you same access as regular members but also let’s other know of your products

It’s really not hard to make a gel sizing grader I make batches and set my hopup for each size batch. I think if you have enough blasters you will find a sweetspot with each one for example my wells 401 and g36 love 7.4-7.5 but the vectors like the slightly larger ones.

G’day Milko,
TBH I only joined to read a few posts that were suggested by a mate for some laughs.
I have a self imposed social media ban and get shocked be an electronic collar around my neck when I start surfing :rofl::joy:.
After looking around this forum though I’ve had the collar removed as it seems to be free of a lot of the Riff Raff that haunt other pages.
Of course I’m biased towards what I produce but it sells itself and if I am to continue adding to the content of this forum I would rather not appear to be doing it for the purpose of advertising but rather for the purpose of simply helping out a few lost souls on the bumpy Gel Ball road.
Cheers
Sam>>>

4 Likes

That being said it appears that Bruisemaster is a vendor now within the hallowed pages of this site. This was not by choice but seeing as that’s the way it is I best return the gesture

2 Likes

some one needs to make a good 7.3mm barrel. Just sayin :wink: after my grading and growing tests over the weekend, I feel 7.3 would be almost the perfect size.

2 Likes

Well @Gelball-Bucky your in the right forum talking to Sam the man @Bruisemaster who makes the best barrels in the business.
I personally prefer the 7.1 ID Gold Bruisemaster barrels because I only use gold packet milkies.
Geez all this gold loving, anyone would think I’m a wog :joy::rofl:

1 Like

The tooling required to alter the bore diameters is not an easy task.
I have had to make special tools to produce the barrels and they go through several stages along the way.
It seems that new gel types are coming out more frequently and with every new type a different barrel could be used to get the best performance.
Changing barrels to suit your gels is not too much of an issue but I prefer to use methods to make the gels more suitable to the Barrels I run myself and produce.
This information is on the Bruisemaster website but essentially you control the size of the gel by the amount of water you give them or the amount of time you allow them to soak for.
I would suggest that before you go out and purchase a range of barrels with different bore sizes for each blaster, take the time to perfect growing techniques that control the size of your gels.
Producing different length barrels is time consuming enough at this stage, to have to change tooling and produce different bore sizes en-mass is possible but would increase the cost of production which inevitably would be passed on to the consumer.
Hope this helps
SAM>>>

I agree thats why I run these in all my blasters now :+1:
https://www.chgbbs.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=Barrel

2 Likes

You are my favourite person in the gel blaster community. You’re a gel blaster god! Thank you for all the absolutely spot on information. Cost savings. Troll deflecting. And all round comedy. Love you guy! Calcifer and the rest absolute legends!

3 Likes

The rabbit god!

I sub thee @Calcifer RaBBit for all time

:rofl:

Run RaBBit, run!

1 Like