WAT GBBR - It's Coming

WAT uploaded a vid of their MK 16 GBBR - ETA is Feb 2021.

8 Likes

The recoil looks pretty dope.

Side note - they’ve got their own retail site now too.

4 Likes

Eta feb 2021, so we guessing april or may?

2 Likes

From the 2nd post with the FB pic - looks like they’re pretty close to get on the water which would be approx 3-6week journey, custom delays notwithstanding I’d say late Feb early March even.

They seem a bit weak

Am I the only one really non fussed on gbb rifles?

I mean sure they’re cool. But anything short of a proper hpa bottle makes them essentially useless for any true game day. Not with the amount of rounds you put down field.

The only true benefit I see from these is you might be able to convert it to be a cheaper than $3k hpa unit.

6 Likes

I think id rather drop the cash on a HPA unit than another novelty. Standby for the next round of gas blowback issues and ripoffs

For me I don’t play skirmish, its just backyard stuff.
I just want collection of non-AEG things on my wishlist - this doesn’t quite fit bemuse I’m not 100% satisfied with the look though.

1 Like

That’s fair. And I think a lot of people will get it for the novelty. But for the field they will be super expensive to run

2 Likes

Oh no doubt about that - there were guys on the forum talking about the milsim apsect of GBBR and limited round cap mags (for the MP5K if I remember correctly) so there definitely is commercial appeal for that.
I’m more so excited for the next stage of the gel blaster tech because it represents another step closer to THE one on my wishlist - HK416 GBB (had the Double Bell one in my hands over the holidays and I nearly presented my credit card - just had to remind myself how much I find AEG a hassle).

1 Like

I almost prefer aeg. My dream blaster is a das aeg. But so far they’re as only still.

4 Likes

Plinking in the back yard this gbb is the go I reckon. No fn around with batteries or gearbox’s, also sound way better than a aeg,

Receiver looks a bit more reinforced.

No motor in grip, big plus to. And can run a skelotonised stock. Opens so many more options

Besides the mismatched handgaurd It looks fn dope

1 Like

Counting down the days…

1 Like

Is WAT an asoft company or is this a colab kind of thing like what they did with kublai which if I recall didn’t work out so great?
Like the gbb which are a modified ■■■■■■■ variant I would assume the same for this so be

From their page they’re a group of gel blaster players that design their own stuff as well as importer/distributer for other companies like Kublai and LDT.

2 Likes

I’m all about realism tbh. If this is reasonably priced then i’ll be picking one up.

4 Likes

Authenticity not realism. Best not to mistake the 2.

3 Likes

ya killin’ me guys

you should see me in the ice cream isle, this one, which one, that one, no but this one, no but that one.

The future for me holds a M4 Gasser, Green or C02, not sure. As I type I have assembled a collection of kick ass components to create a dream M4 pattern Blaster all centered around the AEG box. Thoughts of converting it to Gas drift through mind, though the exacts of the process I am yet to learn, a hassle, probably, and that’s just the sourcing.

Looking forward to seeing the reviews on this MK16.

A C02 Stock conversion for a Drop In HPA conversion for the M4 platform as I’m not a fan of the HPA Airline and Tank, though see the merit for Game Day.

3 Likes

Agreed, having a tank and line is dumb af , what are we playing pretend ghostbusters

6 Likes

Tippman do a buffer tube c02 m4, but they gone under so I’m guessing would be hard to find