Well CQB/M406 priming/selector switch issue

Hey so I’m new here and this is my first post, I just recently got a well CQB and upgraded to a full metal gearbox and 11.1v but recently have found that the priming selector is all I get from the fire selector, it fires once a while but it seems to prime on all points on the selector, I am new to gel blasters so have been looking around and trying to find out info but have come up short, any help would be much appreciated.

I think you may have a problem with your motor itself or the connectors that go on the motor.

1 Like

Ok, thanks I’ll take a look at the motor, I had a thought last night it may be shorting or something, being that it works randomly, kinda frustrating as it’s all new, but I’ll take it apart and check stuff, thanks for your reply.

I had the same problem with my wells cqb, took it back and was told it’s a fault in most wells trigger switches, they replaced it and the new one works fine on auto and semi works 50/50, but if I put the switch just past semi it worked fine but would vibrate back. I took out the trigger switch and put in a T238 mosfet instead and have zero issues now.

3 Likes

I reconnected the motor and it has seemed to work, but I may look into the MOSFET option as I just want it to be reliable, thanks for the help.

2 Likes

I would say your connectors are a bit loose.
If your squeeze them gently with pliers it will make them tighter, just don’t go crazy :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I did that, they fit really well now, I wish they have used a little better mechanical connection for the motor connection, but hey you get what you get I guess.

1 Like

They are all the same and what you had is very common

Good to know I guess, after googling I didn’t find much, but at least it’s fixable and reasonably easily.

Yea the connectors are terrible. Once they arrive in the mail I will be soldering the ■■■■■■ connectors to mine work so much better! I believe you mentioned somewhere about them @Rattler or there was a thread about them?

2 Likes

Soldering sound like a good idea, I want to work out any kinks first I guess, not like it’s permanent but I’m a novice solderer at best.

I did this thread, but it takes some good soldering skills :+1:

1 Like

Damn that looks so clean, might consider it in the future, now I’m just happy it works(90%).

1 Like