Work bench... Genius or a little bit crazy

Anyway I did something a little out of the ordinary this afternoon.

I’ve been building my own motors recently and those damn NdFeB magnets are so strong they attract the tiniest pieces of metal.
Making it so hard to remove all of it when you’re trying to shim the magnets.
Anyway the problem was the board and mats I was using hiding these tiny metal shavings etc.

So I just tiled the damn bench and fook me it’s the best. Better light, so easy to clean, easier to see parts…just don’t drop anything heavy lol.

9 Likes

I have to say your starting to look like a tech :rofl::rofl:

Looks good. I used a big piece of 20mm craft board. I like tiles but I’ve used them before and they can be slippery and things bounce on them…things like tiny screws that then bounce off the table and are gone forever.

The only thing missing in my shed/work area is 240V power so I do everything by hand. One of these days I’ll run a cable down from the house

2 Likes

I also like a non slip surface and one that is soft so it protects the blasters finish from scratches etc.
I use these 3mm mats and replace them regularly.
https://www.kmart.com.au/product/yoga-mat/697803

4 Likes

Those yoga mats aren’t a bad idea. Next time I’m in Kmart I’ll grab one and try it out.

2 Likes

Take that back lol :joy:

1 Like

Dr. Hiroshima M.A.B.T. - Master in Applied Blaster Tech :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Definitely a little bit crazy but the best things are…

Your work speaks for itself m8

2 Likes

Nah bro failed the degree :disappointed:

Couldn’t figure out how charge people way too much!

4 Likes

Must be crazy… I have those same white tiles (from Bunnings) on the bench of my battery charging area. I have a felt round patch under the 4 corners and a couple in the middle drink

1 Like